The Montrose Playground Project is really picking up steam and rolling towards the goal to renovate the Montrose Playground.
May features some big events planned with a Black Tie & Blue Jean Backyard BBQ and Monty’s 5K.
Check out the project website at www.MontrosePlayground.org for details.
April 15th was Try It Tuesday!
During lunch, students had the opportunity to try Black Bean Brownies! The brownies went over really well and were delicious.
If you would like to try them at home, the recipe follows:
- 1 can (15.5 oz) of black beans, rinsed & drained
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 8X8 square baking pan.
- Combine black beans, eggs, oil, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract and sugar in a blender; blend until smooth; pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top of mixture (optional).
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 30 minutes.
The Montrose Fun For All hosted by the Montrose Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) was a blast! Mother Nature gave us a break and Montrose Elementary was transformed into a carnival midway of sorts, complete with games, concessions, activities and prizes!
The famous Cake & Candy Walk, the Legendary Goldfish Room, the Velcro Wall and the Star Wars Nerf Room were all a huge hit with the students.
Concessions and lunch options were available, including a tasty Taco Salad. The cotton candy machine was a show all on it’s own, ask Mr. Hoover!
Thanks to all the sponsors and volunteers that did so much to make the day a huge success!
Chipotle Mexican Grill in Bexley hosted a fundraising dinner for the Montrose PTO on Tuesday, February 25th, and Montrose families came out in full force to show appreciation. 50% of the proceeds from all receipts that mentioned Montrose will be donated back to the Montrose PTO.
Thanks Chipotle! Make sure next time you are in for a meal to let them know how much we appreciate their support.